Nestled on the Central Coast of California, Morro Bay is the “gateway to the north coast” and a prime destination at the crossroads of Highway 1 (home of the original road trip!) and Highway 41. As a part of its economic development plan, the City of Morro Bay identified the need for a fiber optic network within the downtown area in order to improve City services. In 2016 they put out a Request for Proposals (RFP), and Digital West was awarded the project. The City is also interested in having the network meet the needs of areas businesses and, eventually, providing residential service to the beach community.
The City praised Digital West’s ‘entrepreneurial approach’ to the request, creating a public-private partnership that will have the entire city wired with fiber over three phases, beginning in 2016. At least nine critical City offices as well as area businesses will benefit from this high-speed fiber optic connectivity.
Benefits of Digital West Metro Fiber Solutions
- Guaranteed speeds given at every location: 50Mbps up to 10GigE
- 100% fiber connection, reducing interference
- Unparalleled upload/download speeds
- Capacity to send and receive large files over email
- 24/7 network monitoring included in plan
- Clean, direct connection allows for maximum uptime
- Bandwidth will grow with your business, the moment it’s needed
- Local, live representatives on call 24/7
- In-house support just a city away – never outsourced
- Timely resolution of tickets
- No automated calls – you will always speak directly with a Digital West technician