If you own or manage a residential community rental property, there’s no better time than right now to gain a competitive advantage and attract tenants. Digital West will work with you to provide fiber optic connectivity to all of your units for a discounted bulk monthly rate, and you can build the cost right into your rental agreements. If any of your tenants are currently locked into another Internet service contract, we won’t charge them until the contract term is completed.
Find out if your residential community is in one of our “lit” areas, and read on to learn how you can integrate this offering into your marketing pitch.
Please Note: We do not provide Metro Fiber to individual homes or units, though there are exceptions if tenants have the ability to pay the full monthly business rate.
Build It into Your Rental Agreements
Offering fiber optic connectivity to your tenants won’t cost you a dime if you build the Internet service into your monthly rental agreements. Digital West will offer 100 Mbps upload/download to each suite. By including a monthly fiber charge (estimated to be around $50 per month) right into your rental agreement, you’ll save your tenants time and trouble from having to set up separate contracts with other Internet Service Providers. If any of your tenants are still under contract with another provider, we will not charge you for their service until their contract term is completed.
Promote Fiber Optics and Stand Out from the Rest
Prospective tenants will come pouring in when they see fiber optic services offered onsite. Because fiber optic Internet is not commonly offered to residential areas, particularly in San Luis Obispo, your property will hold a unique competitive advantage. By promoting this unique feature to the public, you won’t have to worry about struggling to fill the rooms with tenants.
If an issue or a question ever arises regarding the Internet connection, you can reach out to our local support technicians who work 24/7/365 and will be onsite to answer your call.
Selling Points for Your Tentant Outreach
- 100% pure fiber optic connectivity, direct from your unit into the Digital West data center
- Super fast speeds – 100 Mbps up and down, via IEEE standard Ethernet interface (vastly faster than ATM, T-1s, DSL and DS-3s you get from other ISPs)
- Capacity for high-bandwidth services like video conferencing, VoIP, large data transfers, online music and streaming movies
- 24/7/365 network monitoring and technical support from our local Network Operations Center (NOC) team
- Price is included in your monthly rental agreement. You’re not charged until your other ISP contract expires (if applicable)
What to Expect
- Contact Digital West to see if your property is in a fiber-lit area.
- Our Metro Fiber team will do a quick site survey to determine one-time set-up costs. (You can cover this one-time cost directly or amortize it through your rental contracts.)
- We will bring our Metro Fiber ethernet cable directly into your building and run it to each unit.
- You modify current and/or future rental agreements to build the cost into tentants’ contracts.
- Digital West bills you once per month.