Technology is driving rapid change in health care. The growing adoption of cloud-based Electronic Health Records (EHR) is just one example. These records are more agile for health care practitioners and provide a more complete medical history. For consumers, they mean greater access to and portability of their health information. The number of EHR providers, such as AthenaHealth, Epic, AllScrips and GE Healthcare, has skyrocketed, in part, because these cloud-based platforms can be updated seamlessly and integrate well with other business systems.
Health Care Tech Trends
- Wearable Devices: Biosensors like Jawbone UP, Fitbit and Apple Watch now track glucose levels, activity and sleep patterns.
- Availability of Big Data: Allows the discovery of patterns and opportunities in health care delivery.
- 3D Printing: Is revolutionizing the development of new medical devices.
- Telemedicine: Enables phones, video and mobile devices to become an effective way to reduce the costs of care.
- Smart Phone Apps: Empower individuals to take charge of their own health.
- Transition to Digital: The move from paper records to digital (i.e., cloud computing) streamlines administrative processes such as billing.
- Cyber Security: Is more important than ever. Cyber criminals increasingly target healthcare companies to gain personal identity and payment information.
In 2010, medical images represented 30 percent of all data stored in the United States.
Health Management Technology
How Astound Business Solutions Powered by Digital West Can Help
Depending on the size of your organization and whether you have multiple locations, we have IT services, consultation and infrastructure resources to take you where you want to go. Our data center is SOC 2 Type 2 certified and our rigid security standards protect your most sensitive data and health records. Our reliable, ultra-high-speed fiber optic Internet is designed to quickly deliver even the largest medical files, and you can count on our live, local Customer Service Team to be there when you need them. Here are four of our most popular programs for health care organizations:
According to the Identity Theft Resource Center, 36% of all registered data breaches in 2015 targeted medical companies. We’ll scan your systems for vulnerabilities, upgrade your hardware, and proactively monitor your network for malicious activity.
We the most sophisticated software available to manage backups of your desktops, laptops, file servers, as well as Exchange, SQL and other complex databases. You can take advantage of our colocation facilities and virtual resource pool to scale your resources up and down quickly. We enable clients to meet compliance standards, maintain strong network security, and sleep soundly at night knowing their data is stored and backed up nightly.