The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for providing high level design solutions taking into account the appropriate redundancy, scalability, security, QoS, latency, and manageability requirements needed for the continuing success of DWNI¹s core IP & VoIP network infrastructure. The Senior Network Engineer is expected to have the expertise to enhance the existing network design, implement additional network elements, provide ongoing support and maintenance, including all analysis tools and monitoring. Complete coverage of day to day monitoring, care and feeding, along with detailed trouble shooting and analysis.
Scope of Services
- Comprehensive knowledge in IP networking, data communications (including VoIP) and systems engineering with an understanding and experience dealing with multi-service IP networks, data network strategies, multi vendor equipment and network protocols.
- Knowledge of routing, including but not limited to: Multiprotocol BGP, MPLS (traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN), ISIS, OSPF/OSPFv3, RSVP, LDP, MSDP, PIM-DM/SM.
- Knowledge of security including but not limited to firewalls, ACL, policy management, NAT, IPSEC, GRE tunnels.
- Extensive level knowledge of switching, including but not limited to: IGMP, 802.XX, Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q And 802.1AD), LACP, Wireless, Spanning Tree (STP), VRRP.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of electrical and optical network transport technologies including CWDM, DWDM, fiber optic transceivers, SONET, legacy frame relay and TDM technologies (T1, DS3).
- Knowledge and experience working with or in carrier hotels, cross connect ordering/management, peering/transit relationship management including RADB/route registries, troubleshooting in remote environments.
- Extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design, security, automation including one or more scripting languages (PERL, Python, shell), capacity management, and implementation strategies.
- Wide area of expertise in ancillary technologies used for visibility, analysis and support of the network backbones such as management and metric gathering tools (SNMP, Netflow), PCAP¹s packet capturing tools, taps and SPAN, automated alerts and alarm tools, familiarity with DNS and other higher-level network protocols (SSL, HTTP, etc).
- Experience in the non-technical aspects of senior level network engineering such as interfacing with various levels of employees, from mentoring those in need to providing managerial level reports for higher level decision making. Experience with vendor interface and management,
equipment selection and ROI analysis and budgeting.
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience.
- CCNP/JNCIP or equivalent.
- Carrier Experience highly preferred but not required.
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter.