Reports To: VP of Engineering and Facilities
Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the operations, maintenance, and monitoring of the Digital West physical facilities including, but not limited to the corporate offices, data center(s), and the supporting infrastructure including metro fiber remote facilities. This position will be responsible for both routine and emergency maintenance for all aspects of the facility including physical security systems, environmental operations, power operations, and cable plant (low and high voltage).
Scope of Services
- Maintain the buildings and grounds of Digital West and related entities:
- Oversee the upkeep of facilities, equipment and
- Develop a schedule for routine maintenance, repairs, and renovation projects.
- Develop daily and weekly cleaning schedule
- Conduct waste reduction improvement plans.
- Serve as Company safety officer and conduct safety inspections and remedy any infractions. Develop facilities budget for approval and ensure compliance with the approved budget.
- Negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs, and other measures.
- Document policies and procedures for facility and equipment utilization and maintenance
- Conduct training of all staff on policies and procedures related to facility and equipment use. Conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Develop a disaster recovery plan for mitigation and business continuity. Develop and maintain facility capacity plan
- Responsible for data center electrical systems including but not limited to a generator, UPS, ATS and distribution systems.
- Responsible for cable system, including but not limited to CAT5, fiber, internally (data center) and externally (Metro Fiber).
- Plan, analyze, recommend, installs and supports the Data Center Environment.
- Track and Report critical environment operational issues with recommendations for improvement Coordinate communication to those affected for any facility maintenance or any disruption in service. Ensure compliance with all local, federal and state compliance. Other duties as assigned
Key Position Indicator:
- Facility Up-time of 99%
- Adherence to Budget
- Recurring Maintenance Plan compliance
- Safety Officer with quarterly safety meetings with minutes on file
- Adequate Communication for planned and emergency maintenance
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree preferred with a focus on mechanical I electrical engineering, technology or business-related field
- 5 – 7 years of multi-site data center facility operations experience with increasing levels of scope and responsibility
- Strong background with IT infrastructure including server hardware, network, and telecommunications connectivity
- Demonstrated experience with successfully managing geographically disparate teams
- Experience with large scale infrastructure projects/programs within a fast-paced, dynamic data center environment
- Strong background with critical facility IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of specific data center requirements as set forth in the National Electric Code, National Fire Protection Association, OSHA and local safety regulations
- A strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in use in a data center environment including feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS Systems, ATS units, PDU/PDM units, chiller units, air handling units, CRAG units, humidifiers, security systems, life safety systems, general knowledge of regulatory laws, requirements, codes and
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Procedure development