The Accountant I for our company will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of workflow by assisting and supporting our CFO, Corporate Services Team, Management and our customers. This position will have direct contact with all levels of personnel as well as client contact. The primary role will be to process accounts payable, assist with accounting functions such as billing, accounts receivable and other accounting related projects as needed.
Scope of Services
- Prepare accounts payable; including data entry, coding and creating checks.
- Process monthly customer billing and respond in a timely manner to customer billing inquiries via email and phone.
- Accounts receivable including collection calls.
- G/L work as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate and efficient accounting records.
- Assist in recording transactions, making journals, ledgers, and checking the accuracy of documents.
- Other accounting duties as assigned by CFO and management.
- Accounts Payable entered timely and bills paid promptly.
- Monthly customer billing performed timely and accurately. Billing inquires responded to in a timely manner and properly documented in customers account.
- Accounting files maintained in an orderly manner.
- Positive feedback from management and the Corporate Services team.
- Strong bookkeeping skills, highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface and communicate in a highly professional manner.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel and Outlook) and QuickBooks.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of confidential information in a professional manner.
- Data entry skills, including 10-key
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience desired, but not required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in QuickBooks and accounting/bookkeeping.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping practice and procedures so to maintain the records appropriately.
- High degree of accuracy with numbers and details.