The Account Executive (AE) is the catalyst behind Digital West Communications’ success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the Small, Medium and Enterprise Business Accounts, the AE is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects and current customers into all assigned accounts. Account Executives help solve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligning their needs and objectives with Digital West’s solution(s). Account Executive own all opportunities and customers in the assigned accounts and are responsible for coordinating resources and managing the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
Strategic Value of Role
Increase Digital West valuation within assigned accounts by:
- Exceeding projected revenue goals in the assigned Commercial Accounts
- Landing new logo customers for Digital West offerings
- Expanding the Digital West footprint within current customer accounts through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
Your role as an Account Executive is to close net new business and retain the existing customer base which you are assigned to. As an AE, you are responsible for all opportunities and accounts assigned to you in the assigned segment which are likely to fall across a myriad of industries. This responsibility requires the management of both pre and post-sales support resources throughout sales campaigns. An Account Executive reports to a Sales Director.
Account Executive is responsible for all customers and opportunities in their segment across Digital West’s business. They fulfill a vital role of leveraging leads provided by Marketing, handling different kinds of sales scenarios and ultimately closing sales opportunities. The AE’s main goal is to turn as many opportunities into closed-won deals as possible. Once an opportunity has been closed, the AE’s job is to help manage the initial phases of post-sales support and ensure implementation is set up accordingly. This is achieved through the support of additional resources – such as VP of Sales and Engineers – whose goal is to help you close the deal.
How does the Account Executive generate value for customers?
- Gain a deep understanding of the prospect or customer’s processes and problems
- Ensure the right questions are being asked and answered
- Serves customers in a trusted advisor role by always keeping the customer’s best interests at the forefront
- Being available to customers in a consultative capacity even during those times the customer is not in the market
- Pays attention to details and can bring unique value on every customer interaction
- What makes a great AE?
- Customer Focused: Approaching all opportunities through the lenses of the prospect or customer
- Passion: Translates to customers an infectious enthusiasm for the solution
- Process Oriented: Follows sales process guidance and tool usage, adopting best practices throughout sales campaigns
- Negotiation Skills: Develops innovative win-win solutions by demonstrating best practices to uncover company-viable solution options from the client’s view
- Advancement within Digital West sales organization.
- Positions within sales management, product marketing, sales operations and sales enablement.
Why consider this role?
- Participate as a member of a world-class sales organization who is a leader in their markets
- Be an integral part of a robust pre-Sales support team that includes local Engineers, Field Operations, Product Management, Sales and Service Technicians – all motivated to help you win the deal
- Work for a successful leader in high performance communication technology industry with a positive track record of providing great solutions for our customers.
- Be a key member of your community through not only what you sell, but also your participation in community activities
- Receive benefit of a centralized marketing organization providing highly qualified leads
- Benefit from a customized B2B selling process that includes Sales Aids, guidance, a Playbook, and a tightly linked CRM.
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
- Connect client’s business objectives with Digital West offerings and solutions
- Negotiate and close as many sales campaigns as possible
- Provide guidance on customer and prospect strategic initiatives
- Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities
- Effectively sell our comprehensive solution of high speed broadband, advanced voice products, satellite video and personal online and data security solutions across a wide range of industries
- Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Digital West
- Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development
- Build and expand relationships with the decision makers in prospect and customer accounts
- Establish yourself as a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to the prospect or customer
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Proactive in adopting sales best practices and a leader in process adherence
- Win sales campaigns after they have progressed past needs development by developing reasons for prospects to act
- Can achieve success in sales campaigns when obstacles are presented
- Develop solutions that leave all parties with a sense of deal satisfaction
- Ability to gain customer loyalty and generate repeat business
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to convert qualified leads into sales opportunities
- Maximizes time spent selling through reaching prospects/customers at most convenient times for them for sales-oriented discussions
- Invests time and effort in personal development and professional education, self-educating on a customer’s business environment and applying learnings in a consultative fashion to advance business deals
- Displays ability to presenting professional content in a passionate way, exhibiting high spirits all in situations
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with all levels within customer/prospect’s organization
- 5+ years previous business-to-business experience in one or more of the following areas with a documented track record of success:
- Complex and Consultative Sales Environment
- Selling individual products and integrated complex communication solutions throughout an organization
- Telecommunications industry experience(s) a plus
- Extensive experience in a wide range of CPE products. Experience not limited to; hardware, WiFi, Video, voice, Data