JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Engineer – VMware, Windows & Linux
REPORTS TO: Sr. VP of Transport and Voice
- Responding as third and final tier of support for customer requests and outages
- Maintaining security, upgrades to Operating systems and supported applications
- Assisting in evaluation, development and testing of internal tools as well as services offered to clients
- Analyzing server logs and other system diagnostics to proactively address potential issues
- Architect new vCloud deployment meeting business goals of automation and integration with existing tools.
- Primary ownership and support for all vCloud environments
- Final escalation point for internal support on Linux/Windows Servers
- Final escalation point for external/customer facing engagements
- Fantastic communication skills required for working internally with other Architects and Engineers
- Fantastic communication skills required for working externally with customer engineers, VP, and CxOs
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the job responsibilities.
- Evidence of continuing education and professional development.
- 5+ years in the following technologies:
- VMware vSphere and vCenter
- Windows Server 2008-2016 Administration
- Linux Administration
- 3+ years in the following technologies:
- VMware vRealize Operation
- VMware vRealize Business
- VMware vCloud
- Extensive knowledge in:
- Storage technologies: iSCSI, NFS, NAS, SAN, VVOL
- Storage vendors: Dell, Tegile, and Nimble
- Windows Terminal Server, Active Directory, Group Policy
- VMware Enterprise Administration technologies: HA, FT, DRS, templates/clones, troubleshooting, DR, vMotion, Storage vMotion
- Vmware Networking technologies: vShield, NSX, vFabric, Load Balancing, distributed vSwitch
- Passion for Standardization, Documentation and Automation