JOB TITLE: Marketing Assistant
Work Hours: Temporary, Part-time 10 hours/week
Effective Date May 2020
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for executing and contributing to plans that reinforce the Digital West brand, generating leads and sales, managing our product portfolio, promoting exceptional customer service, and increasing both onetime and recurring revenue streams. This person will work closely with the VP of Sales and the Digital West team providing project management to ensure alignment of the company’s objectives.
- Marketing & Communications (30%)
- Campaign Development and Implementation: Work with marketing team to implement marketing strategies for our major services areas, to include email campaigns, advertising, graphic look and feel, etc. Assist in reaching goals for these strategies and track and measuring results.
- Content Development: Assist in creating content that can be used as part of an overall lead nurturing and customer upsell/engagement, including white paper content, video segments, webinars and other online tools and resources. Assist with writing content for email campaigns, website, social media posts, press releases and other communications.
- Lead Generation: Use Digital West content and advertising to attract new leads through our marketing channels with the goal of capturing their contact information. Research suitable advertising venues for our services such as business or industry websites or trade publications.
- Online Marketing (40%)
- Website Management: Work with the executive team and marketing vendors/advisors to implement changes to the Digital West website. Work with the team to update content on an ongoing basis, optimize the website for SEO and manage key word campaigns, if applicable. Integrate tracking and lead generation systems into the website, as applicable.
- Social Media: Work with executive team and marketing vendors/advisors to create an editorial calendar for our social media, blog and newsletter outlets and implement that content. Champion the team with contests and fun recognition to drive adoption in participating on company social media with daily posting. Continuously evaluate strategies for ROI and research new and emerging channels.
- Tracking and Data Analysis: To create and produce a weekly report that compares projected vs actuals on the following data points: a) lead generation by marketing channel b) lead generation by service area c) cost per lead by channel and overall.
- Public Relations (5%)
- Consistently promote the Digital West brand and key messages through all channels, including staff/customer service messaging, communications, social media, events, etc.
- Write and distribute press releases, publish blogs and manage social media posts.
- Promote Digital West’s support of the local community and its non-profits.
- Identify opportunities to publicly convey our message such as speaking events, editorial visits, and new media outlets.
- Sales Support (5%)
- As part of the lead generation cycle, identify criteria by which we believe a prospect is ready to be contacted directly by Digital West.
- Work with other Digital West staff, particularly those who are involved in the sales process, to inform them of the prospect’s involvement with us to that point as well as summarize their interests/needs. Follow-up with staff to ensure that contact has been made and update the tracking software as applicable.
- Community Events & Tradeshows (20%)
- Create/manage our Events calendar on SharePoint. Record all chamber meetings and mixers, charitable sponsorships, employee events, and other related events, including date/time, attendees, purpose and high-level messaging.
- Serve as the point person for all events, working with Digital West staff to plan for our presence at the events, delivering and picking up materials, assigning staffing and coordinating all other details, such as collateral or multi-media needs.
- Ensure that major events have good attendance by Digital West staff or representatives. Send reminders to staff and/or recruit representatives before each event and remind them of key details
- Work with executive team and marketing vendors/advisors to identify needed collateral, promotional items, talking points, etc.
- Assist in planning and implementing our presence at any tradeshows, including booth registration, materials shipment, travel, hotel, etc
- Serve as point person for coordinating employee-related events, including the annual party and summer baseball outing.
- Make and implement recommendations for engaging the entire team in event planning and implementation for key events (e.g., chamber mixers, holiday parade, etc.).
- Work with the Verdin to incorporate key events into our social media calendar, press releases and other public relations-oriented outreach (e.g., client newsletters, website).
- Create/track Marketing budgets across chamber/PR-related events and sponsorships