Scalability, redundancy and price make virtualization the clear choice when a dedicated server is more than you need. Digital West offers Virtual Server packages that provide you with a server with a specified amount of RAM, CPU, Storage and Transfer limits. Virtual servers can be used to host LAMP systems (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), game servers, websites, databases and more. Our virtual environment is built on the collaborative platform of VMware, Juniper and Dell. You access your server remotely using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for Windows and Secure Shell (SSH) for Linux. Our Virtual Server products come fully managed, meaning we take care of backup, patching, maintenance and support.
Features and Benefits
- Platforms: Linux or Windows.
- Cost Savings: Reduce expenses by turning up a virtual server with Digital West instead of colocating your equipment or managing your own servers in-house. There’s no hardware to purchase, server space to maintain or extra IT staff to hire, and turn up is quick.
- Fully Managed: We manage your resources and maintain your systems, including patching, updates, backup and monitoring, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Comprehensive & Competitively Priced: All of our packages include scalable CPU, RAM, storage, bandwidth and transfer as a part of a two-year contract. You also receive one IP. Most providers charge extra for these. Click the Sign Up button at right to see pricing.
- Performance: Your virtual servers are running on current generation enterprise hardware so you know you’re getting the best performance.
- Stability: Virtual servers run across many physical servers to ensure that hardware failure does not affect the performance of the virtual server environment.
- Security: In addition to being housed in a secure, SOC II Type II-certified data center, you can add on more security options, including firewalling.
- Flexible: Imaging available, complete disaster recovery.
Virtual Resource Pool
We also provide access to our Virtual Resource Pool (VRP), which gives you greater flexibility and the ability to customize storage (tier 1 vs. tier 2 vs. tier 3) and add/remove resources to individual virtual machines via the VMware vCloud Director.